"There are many things people have claimed can not be true any yet nearly all of them have ether been true to begin with or made true by those stubborn enough to ignore them."-Scientist 666 (End Times)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

UPDATE! + a little writing.

So first things first, I'm sorry to all of you for not updating more often but we still have no internet at my mom's and I still have only the old desktop to use at my dad's.

Now, just so you all know, as soon as I have everything set-up to my liking I will be moving my mane blog to http://ameliadogwood.wordpress.com/ .
I will still be posting her on occasion but that one will be my mane one.
I am hopping on having that one up and running full swing in a month or so.

Now for the writing!
This is one of thous stories I wrote purely for my own enjoyment and it isn't in the least way edited so I'm sorry if it's a little on the random side but here is one of my favorite scenes so far from my story Night Life.

I took a deep breath of the cold night air. Though my bliss was quickly interrupted by the clear sound of a twig snapping no more then twig feet behind me. I realised that any normal human would be frightened out of the wits--though few would admit it.
"Go away Damien," I said my voice thick with annoyance.
"But where's the fun in that?" I heard his voice clearly in my head.
"Get out of my head and go away."
"Why?" he asked allowed at least honoring one of my requests. "You afraid to fight me? Afraid I might win?" he said mockingly from his perch in a large oak tree.
I scoffed, "I'm more afraid of a field mouse then I am of you." I said staring him in the eyes. "Not to mention, I'm here, out in the open, my weapons at the ready wall you are hiding away in the branches of a tree like the rodent you are. Pathetic."
"Take that back," he growled.
"I have no dizzier to take back which is the truth," I said unfazed.
"At least I'm not human! I could take you on any day easy. Especially on a full moon." he said boastfully.
"Then why are you staling?"
On thous words he jumped from the tree pining me to the ground. I kneed him in the chest, not a hard blow but enough to throw him off balance. I then reached for my knife and sliced his right leg. He's a vampire so it healed quickly but it made him mad. He ran toward me, fangs bared. I knew his moves so I was able to quickly doge without much effort.
"What's wrong Damien? To fast for you?" I said as I lept behind him and kicked his legs out from under him.
"No. You?" he said as he quickly recovered and punched me sending me flying in to a tree.
I was dizzy and my head was throbbing like crazy but I couldn't let that slow me down. I jumped forwarded and sliced his arm.
"As if."
I quickly pounced on top of him and scraped his neck with my knife. "I win," I said smirking.
The rule of most vampire battles that weren't to the death was first bite wins. Since I don't bite and don't really plan to I use my knife.
"The grove is still mine," I say proudly. "Now get out."
"I didn't want your stupid grove anyway. I just needed to fight something and you where the only person I knew win or loose I would still have the pleasure of annoying."
I understood his need to fight. I felt it too, the extreme adrenalin rush the full moon brings.
"Just leave," I said again.
"Not until I get my consolation prize," he said biting into my neck.
I fought back but not wholeheartedly. I knew there was no point. I couldn't fight him off this way, and I knew he wouldn't kill me. We weren't exactly friends but nether of up would ever want to kill each other. He was truthfully one of the only vampires I would trust to fed on me. Not to mention that--next to Nathan--Damien had the most self control when it came to feeding of anyone I knew. He finally drew back, liking his lips.
I glared at him.
"What?"
"You little leach," I said cracking a mischiefs smile.
Knifes forgotten I pounced on him and we weaseled together in the soft cool moss. But this time there was no competition, just pure play.
*****************
Tell me what you think! (and sorry for a couple typos!)

2 comments:

  1. I like your little story.

    Yes. they should get the fighting out of their systems, then make love. (:

    ReplyDelete